Will “Train Caller” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Train Caller” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Motion Picture Narrator
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Train Caller”
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
Related Technology & Tools
- Speaker stands
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Record turntables
- Laptop computers
- Surge protectors
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Loudspeaker systems
- Table top multi players
- Microphone stands
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Graphic equalizers
- Portable public address PA systems
- Sound effects devices
- Handheld microphones
- Tablet computers
- Microsoft Excel
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Graphic equalizer software
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Website creation software
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software