Will “Train Caller” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Train Caller” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Motion Picture Narrator
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Train Caller”
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Handheld microphones
- Sound effects devices
- Loudspeaker systems
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Graphic equalizers
- Tablet computers
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Laptop computers
- Speaker stands
- Portable public address PA systems
- Surge protectors
- Table top multi players
- Microphone stands
- Record turntables
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Microsoft Office
- Website creation software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Graphic equalizer software