Will “Motion Picture Narrator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Motion Picture Narrator” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Motion Picture Narrator”
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
Related Technology & Tools
- Handheld microphones
- Table top multi players
- Record turntables
- Laptop computers
- Sound effects devices
- Microphone stands
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Loudspeaker systems
- Tablet computers
- Graphic equalizers
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Speaker stands
- Surge protectors
- Portable public address PA systems
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Microsoft Office
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Microsoft Excel
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Website creation software
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Graphic equalizer software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint