Will “Motion Picture Narrator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Motion Picture Narrator” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Motion Picture Narrator”
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
Related Technology & Tools
- Table top multi players
- Sound effects devices
- Surge protectors
- Handheld microphones
- Loudspeaker systems
- Portable public address PA systems
- Laptop computers
- Tablet computers
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Graphic equalizers
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Speaker stands
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Record turntables
- Microphone stands
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Graphic equalizer software
- Website creation software
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Web browser software
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Microsoft Excel