Will “Milieu Therapist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Milieu Therapist” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Milieu Therapist”
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
Related Technology & Tools
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Tablet computers
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Hospital beds
- Notebook computers
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Oxygen carts
- Traction equipment
- Blood drawing syringes
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Cold therapy equipment
- Desktop computers
- Suction machines
- Heat therapy equipment
- Safety gloves
- Enema equipment
- Surgical masks
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Patient restraints
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Emergency carts
- Nasogastric tubes
- Personal computers
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Urinary catheters
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Hypodermic syringes
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS
- Cerner ProFile
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- Microsoft Excel
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- Microsoft Office