Will “Patient Care Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Patient Care Specialist” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Patient Care Specialist”
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
Related Technology & Tools
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Notebook computers
- Heat therapy equipment
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Cold therapy equipment
- Desktop computers
- Hospital beds
- Traction equipment
- Enema equipment
- Suction machines
- Personal computers
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Safety gloves
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Patient restraints
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Urinary catheters
- Tablet computers
- Nasogastric tubes
- Blood drawing syringes
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Emergency carts
- Surgical masks
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Oxygen carts
- Hypodermic syringes
- Cerner ProFile
- Microsoft Office
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- Microsoft Excel
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS