Will “Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #266 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Provide routine individualized healthcare such as changing bandages and dressing wounds, and applying topical medications to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities at the patient's home or in a care facility. Monitor or report changes in health status. May also provide personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming of patient.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-1011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 23,600.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 11.00
- Currently, there are 814,300 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Home Health Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Home Health Aides
- In Home Caregiver
- Hospice/Home Health Aide
- Home Health Provider
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Home Care Aide
- Home Attendant
- Certified Nurses Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Aide (CMA)
- Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
- Residential Counselor
- Residential Aide
- Resident Care Provider
- Resident Care Associate
- Resident Care Aide
- Patient Service Representative
- Nursing Assistant
- Nurse's Companion
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA)
- Independent Living Specialist
- Hospice Aide
- Home Help Aide
- Home Health Care Provider
- Home Health Attendant
- Home Health Aid
- Home Care Provider
- Home Care Giver
- Home Care Attendant
- Healthcare Associate
- Health Support Specialist (HSS)
- Health Service Worker
- Health Care Assistant
- Habilitation Training Specialist
- Direct Support Professional
- Direct Care Worker
- Direct Care Professional
- Direct Care Counselor
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Care Giver
Tasks for “Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)”
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Care for children who are disabled or who have sick or disabled parents.
- Care for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Massage patients or apply preparations or treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, or heat-lamp stimulation.
- Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse or aide, and ensure patients take their medicine.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature, and respiration.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
- Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
- Bathe patients.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
- Change dressings.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.
- Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as caring for infants, preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
Related Technology & Tools
- Abdominal binders
- Walking braces
- Upper extremity prosthetic devices
- Anti-embolism elastic stockings
- Foot boards
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Manual blood pressure cuffs
- Urinalysis test strips
- Ice collars
- Knee braces
- Patient lifters
- Gait belts
- Hoyer lifts
- Ostomy bags
- Heat lamps
- Notebook computers
- Home care ventilators
- Oxygen equipment
- Bathtub seats
- Desktop computers
- Lower extremity prosthetic devices
- Transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation TENS equipment
- Bed cradles
- Electronic blood pressure cuffs
- Ice caps
- Enema equipment
- AIG OASIS
- Web browser software
- Mi-Co software