Will “Enforcement Safety Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Enforcement Safety Officer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #482 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,650.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 8,920 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Parking Enforcement Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Ticket Writer
- Parking Technician
- Parking Regulation Enforcement Officer
- Parking Officer
- Parking Enforcer
- Parking Enforcement Technician
- Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO)
- Parking Control Officer
- Community Service Officer
- College Service Officer
- Traffic Control Officer
- Service Employee
- Ramp Service Employee
- Parking Meter Attendant
- Parking Enforcement Specialist
- Civilian Technician
Tasks for “Enforcement Safety Officer”
- Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities, and records of contested citations.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
- Provide assistance to motorists needing help with problems, such as flat tires, keys locked in cars, or dead batteries.
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies such as hand-held citation computers, citation books, rain gear, tire-marking chalk, and street cones.
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Assign and review the work of subordinates.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Wind parking meter clocks.
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Collect coins deposited in meters.
- Perform traffic control duties such as setting up barricades and temporary signs, placing bags on parking meters to limit their use, or directing traffic.
- Investigate and answer complaints regarding contested parking citations, determining their validity and routing them appropriately.
- Remove handbills within patrol areas.
- Appear in court at hearings regarding contested traffic citations.
- Train new or temporary staff.
- Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic signals or signs, and street markings that need to be repainted.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Locate lost, stolen, and counterfeit parking permits, and take necessary enforcement action.
- Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations and facilities, and the location of streets, buildings and points of interest.
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Electronic cash registers
- Handheld ticket writers
- Desktop computers
- Mountain bicycles
- Parking timers
- Handheld data collectors
- Parking ticket printers
- Payment receipt printers
- Barcode scanners
- Parking enforcement vehicles
- Wheel locks
- Analog parking meters
- Parking meter readers
- Mobile radios
- Digital still cameras
- License plate recognition LPR cameras
- Laptop computers
- Ticket issuing software
- Vehicle information databases
- Complus Data Innovations FastTrack
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Integrated Parking Solutions MApp