Will “Parking Enforcement Workers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Parking Enforcement Workers” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #482 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,650.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 8,920 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Ticket Writer
- Parking Technician
- Parking Regulation Enforcement Officer
- Parking Officer
- Parking Enforcer
- Parking Enforcement Technician
- Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO)
- Parking Control Officer
- Community Service Officer
- College Service Officer
- Traffic Control Officer
- Service Employee
- Ramp Service Employee
- Parking Meter Attendant
- Parking Enforcement Specialist
- Enforcement Safety Officer
- Civilian Technician
Tasks for “Parking Enforcement Workers”
- Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities, and records of contested citations.
- Perform traffic control duties such as setting up barricades and temporary signs, placing bags on parking meters to limit their use, or directing traffic.
- Wind parking meter clocks.
- Remove handbills within patrol areas.
- Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic signals or signs, and street markings that need to be repainted.
- Investigate and answer complaints regarding contested parking citations, determining their validity and routing them appropriately.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Locate lost, stolen, and counterfeit parking permits, and take necessary enforcement action.
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies such as hand-held citation computers, citation books, rain gear, tire-marking chalk, and street cones.
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Train new or temporary staff.
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations and facilities, and the location of streets, buildings and points of interest.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
- Provide assistance to motorists needing help with problems, such as flat tires, keys locked in cars, or dead batteries.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Appear in court at hearings regarding contested traffic citations.
- Collect coins deposited in meters.
- Assign and review the work of subordinates.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
Related Technology & Tools
- License plate recognition LPR cameras
- Parking timers
- Handheld data collectors
- Mobile radios
- Payment receipt printers
- Desktop computers
- Analog parking meters
- Parking enforcement vehicles
- Mountain bicycles
- Handheld ticket writers
- Digital still cameras
- Electronic cash registers
- Laptop computers
- Barcode scanners
- Parking meter readers
- Parking ticket printers
- Wheel locks
- Integrated Parking Solutions MApp
- Web browser software
- Vehicle information databases
- Ticket issuing software
- Microsoft Word
- Complus Data Innovations FastTrack
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel