Will “Chemical Plant Technical Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
1.8% Chance of Automation
“Chemical Plant Technical Director” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #80 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9121.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 136,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 65.00
- Currently, there are 54,780 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Natural Sciences Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Natural Sciences Managers
- Water Team Leader
- Senior Scientist
- Senior Investigator
- Research Manager
- Research and Development Director
- Natural Science Manager
- Laboratory Manager
- Health Sciences Manager
- Fisheries Director
- Environmental Program Manager
- Wild Life Manager
- Research Director
- Research Development Manager
- Research Development Director
- Research Coordinator
- Research Associate
- Quarrying Specialist
- Quarrying Manager
- Natural Resources Specialist
- Natural Resources Manager
- Laboratory Scientist
- Laboratory Director
- Hydrogeology Professor
- Gravity Manager
- Geophysical Manager
- Geological Manager
- Geochemical Manager
- Environmental Research Project Manager
- Director of Research and Development
- Development Coordinator
- Development Associate
- Chemical Laboratory Chief
- Agriculture Research Director
- Agricultural Research Director
Tasks for “Chemical Plant Technical Director”
- Prepare and administer budgets, approve and review expenditures, and prepare financial reports.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
- Provide for stewardship of plant or animal resources or habitats, studying land use, monitoring animal populations, or providing shelter, resources, or medical treatment for animals.
- Confer with scientists, engineers, regulators, or others to plan or review projects or to provide technical assistance.
- Develop innovative technology or train staff for its implementation.
- Develop client relationships and communicate with clients to explain proposals, present research findings, establish specifications, or discuss project status.
- Conduct own research in field of expertise.
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Make presentations at professional meetings to further knowledge in the field.
- Design or coordinate successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, or testing.
- Determine scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management and make detailed plans to accomplish these goals.
- Prepare project proposals.
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
- Review project activities and prepare and review research, testing, or operational reports.
- Recruit personnel or oversee the development or maintenance of staff competence.
- Advise or assist in obtaining patents or meeting other legal requirements.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Color plotters
- Laptop computers
- Liquid crystal display LCD video projectors
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Structured query language SQL
- StataCorp Stata
- Oracle DBMS
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- Graphics software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Web browser software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Laboratory information management system LIMS
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Microsoft Word