Will “Senior Investigator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
1.8% Chance of Automation
“Senior Investigator” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #80 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 11-9121.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 136,150.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 65.00
- Currently, there are 54,780 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Natural Sciences Managers”.
Also Known As…
- Natural Sciences Managers
- Water Team Leader
- Senior Scientist
- Research Manager
- Research and Development Director
- Natural Science Manager
- Laboratory Manager
- Health Sciences Manager
- Fisheries Director
- Environmental Program Manager
- Wild Life Manager
- Senior Investigator
- Research Director
- Research Development Manager
- Research Development Director
- Research Coordinator
- Research Associate
- Quarrying Specialist
- Quarrying Manager
- Natural Resources Specialist
- Natural Resources Manager
- Laboratory Scientist
- Laboratory Director
- Hydrogeology Professor
- Gravity Manager
- Geophysical Manager
- Geological Manager
- Geochemical Manager
- Environmental Research Project Manager
- Director of Research and Development
- Development Coordinator
- Development Associate
- Chemical Plant Technical Director
- Chemical Laboratory Chief
- Agriculture Research Director
- Agricultural Research Director
Tasks for “Senior Investigator”
- Develop client relationships and communicate with clients to explain proposals, present research findings, establish specifications, or discuss project status.
- Prepare project proposals.
- Make presentations at professional meetings to further knowledge in the field.
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Review project activities and prepare and review research, testing, or operational reports.
- Advise or assist in obtaining patents or meeting other legal requirements.
- Develop innovative technology or train staff for its implementation.
- Recruit personnel or oversee the development or maintenance of staff competence.
- Confer with scientists, engineers, regulators, or others to plan or review projects or to provide technical assistance.
- Design or coordinate successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, or testing.
- Prepare and administer budgets, approve and review expenditures, and prepare financial reports.
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
- Conduct own research in field of expertise.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
- Determine scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management and make detailed plans to accomplish these goals.
- Provide for stewardship of plant or animal resources or habitats, studying land use, monitoring animal populations, or providing shelter, resources, or medical treatment for animals.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Universal serial bus USB flash drives
- Laptop computers
- Color plotters
- Liquid crystal display LCD video projectors
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Oracle DBMS
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
- StataCorp Stata
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Laboratory information management system LIMS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Graphics software
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Web browser software
- The MathWorks MATLAB