Will “Games Dealer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
100 % Chance of Automation
“Games Dealer” will definitely be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #639 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Operate table games. Stand or sit behind table and operate games of chance by dispensing the appropriate number of cards or blocks to players, or operating other gaming equipment. Distribute winnings or collect players' money or chips. May compare the house's hand against players' hands.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-3011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 21,990.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 10.00
- Currently, there are 94,570 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Dealers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Dealers
- Table Games Dealer
- Poker Dealer
- Games Dealer
- Dual Rate Dealer
- Casino Dealer
- Card Dealer
- Blackjack Dealer
- Black Jack Dealer
- 21 Dealer
- Wheel of Fortune Dealer
- Twenty-One Dealer
- Roulette Dealer
- Pit Supervisor
- Pit Boss
- Pai Gow Dealer
- Multiple Games Dealer
- Mini Baccarat Dealer
- Live Games Dealer
- Keno Dealer
- Gaming Table Operator
- Gaming Host
- Gaming Dealer
- Game Operator
- Gambling Dealer
- Faro Dealer
- Dice Table Operator
- Dice Dealer
- Craps Dealer
- Crap Shooter
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Casino Games Dealer
- Card Grader
- Card Game Operator
- Big 6 Dealer
- Baccarat Dealer
Tasks for “Games Dealer”
- Receive, verify, and record patrons' cash wagers.
- Conduct gambling games, such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, following all applicable rules and regulations.
- Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coin money.
- Inspect cards and equipment to be used in games to ensure that they are in good condition.
- Apply rule variations to card games such as poker, in which players bet on the value of their hands.
- Deal cards to house hands, and compare these with players' hands to determine winners, as in black jack.
- Start and control games and gaming equipment, and announce winning numbers or colors.
- Stand behind a gaming table and deal the appropriate number of cards to each player.
- Check to ensure that all players have placed bets before play begins.
- Seat patrons at gaming tables.
- Compute amounts of players' wins or losses, or scan winning tickets presented by patrons to calculate the amount of money won.
- Refer patrons to gaming cashiers to collect winnings.
- Supervise staff and monitor gambling tables to ensure security of the game.
- Participate in games for gambling establishments to provide the minimum complement of players at a table.
- Train new dealers.
- Work as part of a team of dealers in games, such as baccarat or craps.
- Answer questions about game rules and casino policies.
- Prepare collection reports for submission to supervisors.
- Open and close cash floats and game tables.
- Pay winnings or collect losing bets as established by the rules and procedures of a specific game.
Related Technology & Tools
- Roulette wheels
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Baccarat tables
- Table chip trays
- Imprest banks
- Craps tables
- Personal computers
- Table game drop boxes
- Player tracking system software
- Blackjack tables
- Tangam Gaming TableEyeBacc
- Playing cards
- Tangam Gaming TableEye21
- Poker tables
- Table game management system software
- Progressive Gaming Chip Inventory System
- Table banks
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Email software