Will “Item Processor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Prepare and distribute bank statements to customers, answer inquiries, and reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3021.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Statement Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Statement Clerks
- Statement Services Representative
- Statement Processor
- Statement Distribution Clerk
- Statement Clerk
- Reconciling Clerk
- Operations Clerk
- Item Processing Clerk
- Data Processor
- Bookkeeping Assistant
- Account Services Representative
- Reconciliation Clerk
- Processing Clerk
- Check Totaler
- Account Analyst
Tasks for “Item Processor”
- Retrieve checks returned to customers in error, adjusting customer accounts and answering inquiries about errors as necessary.
- Maintain files of canceled checks and customers' signatures.
- Compare previously prepared bank statements with canceled checks and reconcile discrepancies.
- Take orders for imprinted checks.
- Monitor equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Encode and cancel checks, using bank machines.
- Load machines with statements, cancelled checks, or envelopes to prepare statements for distribution to customers or stuff envelopes by hand.
- Route statements for mailing or over-the-counter delivery to customers.
- Weigh envelopes containing statements to determine correct postage and affix postage, using stamps or metering equipment.
- Fix minor problems, such as equipment jams, and notify repair personnel of major equipment problems.
- Post stop-payment notices to prevent payment of protested checks.
- Verify signatures and required information on checks.
- Match statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Mechanical postal meters
- Paper collaters
- Check sorting machines
- Paper folders
- Microfilm cameras
- Check and document signers
- Check filing cabinets
- Shipping scales
- Magnetic ink character recognition MICR printers
- Digital cameras
- Digital postal meters
- Magnetic ink character recognition MICR readers
- Envelope opening machines
- Envelope stuffers
- Magnetic ink character recognition MICR encoding machines
- Envelope sealing machines
- Proof machines
- Check cancelling machines
- Check processing software
- Microsoft Office
- Accuity EPICWare
- Check sorting control software
- Check imaging software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- VECTORsgi Image Exchange Solution
- Mitek Systems ImageNet Payments
- Positive pay software
- Optical character recognition OCR software
- Remote deposit capture software
- Fiserv PEP+ reACH
- VECTORsgi Check Management Solution
- Microsoft Access
- IPS of Boston DoubleCheck
- Microsoft Outlook
- Image replacement document IRD printing software
- Image Deposit Exchange Check Station
- Image exchange networks
- HelpIT Systems addressIT
- Microsoft Excel