Will “Commercial Customer Service Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Process applications for, changes to, reinstatement of, and cancellation of insurance policies. Duties include reviewing insurance applications to ensure that all questions have been answered, compiling data on insurance policy changes, changing policy records to conform to insured party's specifications, compiling data on lapsed insurance policies to determine automatic reinstatement according to company policies, canceling insurance policies as requested by agents, and verifying the accuracy of insurance company records.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Policy Processing Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Processing Clerk
- Premium Representative
- Insurance Analyst
- Field Secretary
- Customer Service Technician
- Associate Financial Representative
- Agency Service Representative
- Administrative Underwriter
- Account Manager
- Account Administrator
- Underwriting Assistant
- Special Certificate Dictator
- Service Representative
- Revival Clerk
- Reinsurance Clerk
- Rater Associate
- Premium Service Representative
- Policy Services Representative
- Policy Service Coordinator
- Policy Issue Clerk
- Policy Checker
- Policy Change Clerk
- Personal Lines Customer Service Representative
- Personal Lines Account Manager
- Medical Collector
- Medical Claims Processor
- Insurance Processor
- Insurance Processing Clerk
- Insurance Examining Clerk
- Insurance Checker
- Insurance Biller
- Document Reviewer
- Document Processor
- Data Entry Operator
- Data Entry Clerk
- Customer Service Representative (CSR)
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Agent
- Commercial Lines Assistant
- Claims Processor
- Claims Assistant
- Cancellation Clerk
- Agency Service Coordinator
Tasks for “Commercial Customer Service Representative”
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them of account status or changes.
- Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submitting applications for coverage to insurance carriers.
- Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
- Compose business correspondence for supervisors, managers, and professionals.
- Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
- Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
- Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
- Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
- Interview clients and take their calls to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
- Compare information from application to criteria for policy reinstatement and approve reinstatement when criteria are met.
- Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
- Obtain computer printout of policy cancellations or retrieve cancellation cards from file.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Dictation machines
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Data entry software
- Database software
- Web browser software
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Word
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Account management software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Novell GroupWise
- Microsoft Access
- Word processing software
- Medical procedure coding software
- Policy issuance system software
- InSystems Calligo Enterprise
- Medical condition coding software
- Insurance rating software
- Microsoft Excel