Will “Policy Services Representative” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Process applications for, changes to, reinstatement of, and cancellation of insurance policies. Duties include reviewing insurance applications to ensure that all questions have been answered, compiling data on insurance policy changes, changing policy records to conform to insured party's specifications, compiling data on lapsed insurance policies to determine automatic reinstatement according to company policies, canceling insurance policies as requested by agents, and verifying the accuracy of insurance company records.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-9041.02
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Insurance Policy Processing Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Processing Clerk
- Premium Representative
- Insurance Analyst
- Field Secretary
- Customer Service Technician
- Associate Financial Representative
- Agency Service Representative
- Administrative Underwriter
- Account Manager
- Account Administrator
- Underwriting Assistant
- Special Certificate Dictator
- Service Representative
- Revival Clerk
- Reinsurance Clerk
- Rater Associate
- Premium Service Representative
- Policy Service Coordinator
- Policy Issue Clerk
- Policy Checker
- Policy Change Clerk
- Personal Lines Customer Service Representative
- Personal Lines Account Manager
- Medical Collector
- Medical Claims Processor
- Insurance Processor
- Insurance Processing Clerk
- Insurance Examining Clerk
- Insurance Checker
- Insurance Biller
- Document Reviewer
- Document Processor
- Data Entry Operator
- Data Entry Clerk
- Customer Service Representative (CSR)
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Agent
- Commercial Lines Assistant
- Commercial Customer Service Representative
- Claims Processor
- Claims Assistant
- Cancellation Clerk
- Agency Service Coordinator
Tasks for “Policy Services Representative”
- Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submitting applications for coverage to insurance carriers.
- Compose business correspondence for supervisors, managers, and professionals.
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
- Obtain computer printout of policy cancellations or retrieve cancellation cards from file.
- Compare information from application to criteria for policy reinstatement and approve reinstatement when criteria are met.
- Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
- Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
- Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
- Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
- Interview clients and take their calls to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them of account status or changes.
- Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Dictation machines
- Desktop computers
- Policy issuance system software
- Data entry software
- Novell GroupWise
- Account management software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Word processing software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Database software
- Web browser software
- Medical condition coding software
- Medical procedure coding software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Access
- InSystems Calligo Enterprise
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Insurance rating software