Will “Environment Friendly Landscape Designer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Environment Friendly Landscape Designer” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #133 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and design land areas for projects such as parks and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial, and residential sites.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-1012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 68,820.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 33.00
- Currently, there are 19,420 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Landscape Architects”.
Also Known As…
- Landscape Architects
- Senior Landscape Architect
- Project Landscape Architect
- Landscape Designer
- Landscape Architect and Planner
- Landscape Architect
- Land Planner
- Golf Course Architect
- Director of Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Sustainable Landscape Architect
- Site Planner
- Outdoor Landscape Architect
- Landscape Engineer
- Indoor Landscape Architect
- Golf Course Designer
- Exterior Designer
- Environmental Planner
- Environmental Designer
Tasks for “Environment Friendly Landscape Designer”
- Inspect landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, evaluate quality of materials or work, or advise clients or construction personnel.
- Analyze data on conditions such as site location, drainage, or structure location for environmental reports or landscaping plans.
- Present project plans or designs to public stakeholders, such as government agencies or community groups.
- Prepare conceptual drawings, graphics, or other visual representations of land areas to show predicted growth or development of land areas over time.
- Prepare graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
- Collaborate with architects or related professionals on whole building design to maximize the aesthetic features of structures or surrounding land and to improve energy efficiency.
- Inspect proposed sites to identify structural elements of land areas or other important site information, such as soil condition, existing landscaping, or the proximity of water management facilities.
- Develop marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.
- Create landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
- Provide follow-up consultations for clients to ensure landscape designs are maturing or developing as planned.
- Develop planting plans for clients to assist them to garden productively or achieve particular aesthetic effects.
- Collaborate with estimators to cost projects, create project plans, or coordinate bids from landscaping contractors.
- Design and integrate rainwater harvesting or gray and reclaimed water systems to conserve water into building or land designs.
- Confer with clients, engineering personnel, or architects on landscape projects.
- Identify and select appropriate sustainable materials for use in landscape designs, such as using recycled wood or recycled concrete boards for structural elements or recycled tires for playground bedding.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
- Research latest products, technology, or design trends to stay current in the field.
- Integrate existing land features or landscaping into designs.
- Manage the work completed by subcontractors to ensure quality control.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Digital cameras
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Computer scanners
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Digital camcorders
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- Desktop publishing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe FreeHand
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Autodesk Revit
- McNeel Rhino software
- Bentley Microstation
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Google SketchUp
- Coyote Software DynaSCAPE Design