Will “Indoor Landscape Architect” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Indoor Landscape Architect” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #133 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and design land areas for projects such as parks and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial, and residential sites.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-1012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 68,820.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 33.00
- Currently, there are 19,420 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Landscape Architects”.
Also Known As…
- Landscape Architects
- Senior Landscape Architect
- Project Landscape Architect
- Landscape Designer
- Landscape Architect and Planner
- Landscape Architect
- Land Planner
- Golf Course Architect
- Director of Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Sustainable Landscape Architect
- Site Planner
- Outdoor Landscape Architect
- Landscape Engineer
- Golf Course Designer
- Exterior Designer
- Environmental Planner
- Environmental Designer
- Environment Friendly Landscape Designer
Tasks for “Indoor Landscape Architect”
- Inspect landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, evaluate quality of materials or work, or advise clients or construction personnel.
- Integrate existing land features or landscaping into designs.
- Analyze data on conditions such as site location, drainage, or structure location for environmental reports or landscaping plans.
- Prepare conceptual drawings, graphics, or other visual representations of land areas to show predicted growth or development of land areas over time.
- Design and integrate rainwater harvesting or gray and reclaimed water systems to conserve water into building or land designs.
- Inspect proposed sites to identify structural elements of land areas or other important site information, such as soil condition, existing landscaping, or the proximity of water management facilities.
- Create landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
- Collaborate with estimators to cost projects, create project plans, or coordinate bids from landscaping contractors.
- Research latest products, technology, or design trends to stay current in the field.
- Present project plans or designs to public stakeholders, such as government agencies or community groups.
- Develop marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.
- Collaborate with architects or related professionals on whole building design to maximize the aesthetic features of structures or surrounding land and to improve energy efficiency.
- Develop planting plans for clients to assist them to garden productively or achieve particular aesthetic effects.
- Prepare graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
- Manage the work completed by subcontractors to ensure quality control.
- Confer with clients, engineering personnel, or architects on landscape projects.
- Provide follow-up consultations for clients to ensure landscape designs are maturing or developing as planned.
- Identify and select appropriate sustainable materials for use in landscape designs, such as using recycled wood or recycled concrete boards for structural elements or recycled tires for playground bedding.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital camcorders
- Digital cameras
- Desktop computers
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Computer scanners
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- McNeel Rhino software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Coyote Software DynaSCAPE Design
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Systems Adobe FreeHand
- Autodesk Revit
- Microsoft Office
- Bentley Microstation
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Project
- Google SketchUp
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Desktop publishing software
- Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Autodesk 3ds Max