Will “Landscape Architects” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Landscape Architects” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #133 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Plan and design land areas for projects such as parks and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial, and residential sites.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-1012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 68,820.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 33.00
- Currently, there are 19,420 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Senior Landscape Architect
- Project Landscape Architect
- Landscape Designer
- Landscape Architect and Planner
- Landscape Architect
- Land Planner
- Golf Course Architect
- Director of Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Sustainable Landscape Architect
- Site Planner
- Outdoor Landscape Architect
- Landscape Engineer
- Indoor Landscape Architect
- Golf Course Designer
- Exterior Designer
- Environmental Planner
- Environmental Designer
- Environment Friendly Landscape Designer
Tasks for “Landscape Architects”
- Confer with clients, engineering personnel, or architects on landscape projects.
- Design and integrate rainwater harvesting or gray and reclaimed water systems to conserve water into building or land designs.
- Develop planting plans for clients to assist them to garden productively or achieve particular aesthetic effects.
- Present project plans or designs to public stakeholders, such as government agencies or community groups.
- Research latest products, technology, or design trends to stay current in the field.
- Inspect proposed sites to identify structural elements of land areas or other important site information, such as soil condition, existing landscaping, or the proximity of water management facilities.
- Identify and select appropriate sustainable materials for use in landscape designs, such as using recycled wood or recycled concrete boards for structural elements or recycled tires for playground bedding.
- Inspect landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, evaluate quality of materials or work, or advise clients or construction personnel.
- Develop marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.
- Create landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
- Prepare graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
- Manage the work completed by subcontractors to ensure quality control.
- Analyze data on conditions such as site location, drainage, or structure location for environmental reports or landscaping plans.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
- Provide follow-up consultations for clients to ensure landscape designs are maturing or developing as planned.
- Collaborate with architects or related professionals on whole building design to maximize the aesthetic features of structures or surrounding land and to improve energy efficiency.
- Integrate existing land features or landscaping into designs.
- Prepare conceptual drawings, graphics, or other visual representations of land areas to show predicted growth or development of land areas over time.
- Collaborate with estimators to cost projects, create project plans, or coordinate bids from landscaping contractors.
Related Technology & Tools
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Digital cameras
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Digital camcorders
- Computer scanners
- Laptop computers
- Coyote Software DynaSCAPE Design
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe FreeHand
- Desktop publishing software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- McNeel Rhino software
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Autodesk Revit
- Microsoft Project
- Bentley Microstation
- Google SketchUp
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite