Will “Brokerage Clerks” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
98% Chance of Automation
“Brokerage Clerks” will almost certainly be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #688 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Perform duties related to the purchase, sale or holding of securities. Duties include writing orders for stock purchases or sales, computing transfer taxes, verifying stock transactions, accepting and delivering securities, tracking stock price fluctuations, computing equity, distributing dividends, and keeping records of daily transactions and holdings.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 52,380.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 25.00
- Currently, there are 59,820 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Trading Assistant
- Sales Trader
- Sales Assistant
- Registered Sales Assistant
- Registered Account Administrator
- Operations Coordinator
- Operations Clerk
- Client Service Associate
- Client Associate
- Account Administrator
- Transfer Clerk
- Transaction Processor
- Telephone Quotation Clerk
- Stock Clerk
- Securities Settlement Processor
- Securities Clerk
- Registered Associate
- Quotation Clerk
- Quotation Checker
- Portfolio Assistant
- OTC Clerk (Over the Counter Clerk)
- Margin Clerk
- Information Clerk Brokerage
- Dividend Clerk
- Coupon Clerk
- Commodities Clerk
- Client Service Representative
- Client Administrator
- Brokerage Purchase-and-Sale Clerk
- Brokerage Coordinator
- Broker Assistant
Tasks for “Brokerage Clerks”
- Document security transactions, such as purchases, sales, conversions, redemptions, or payments, using computers, accounting ledgers, or certificate records.
- Compute total holdings, dividends, interest, transfer taxes, brokerage fees, or commissions and allocate appropriate payments to customers.
- Prepare forms, such as receipts, withdrawal orders, transmittal papers, or transfer confirmations, based on transaction requests from stockholders.
- File, type, or operate standard office machines.
- Schedule and coordinate transfer and delivery of security certificates between companies, departments, and customers.
- Monitor daily stock prices and compute fluctuations to determine the need for additional collateral to secure loans.
- Correspond with customers and confer with coworkers to answer inquiries, discuss market fluctuations, or resolve account problems.
- Prepare reports summarizing daily transactions and earnings for individual customer accounts.
- Verify ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as answering phones or distributing mail.
Related Technology & Tools
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Online trading software
- Data entry software
- Spreadsheet software
- Account management software
- WiredRed Software e/pop Basic
- Bloomberg Professional
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro
- Microsoft Outlook
- HEAT Software GoldMine
- Transaction processing software
- Royal Alliance VISION2020 Core
- Instant messaging software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Scheduling software