Will “Child and Family Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Child and Family Counselor” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #62 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1013.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 54,090.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 26.00
- Currently, there are 36,960 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Marriage and Family Therapists”.
Also Known As…
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Family Therapist
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Services Director
- Advanced Clinical Specialist
- Senior Clinician
- Relationship Counselor
- Play Therapist
- Marriage Therapist
- Marriage Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Licensed Staff-MFT
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Group Counselor
- Family Counselor
- Director-Child Abuse Therapy
- Couples Therapist
- Couple and Family Therapist, Staff Therapist
- Behavioral Therapist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Behavioral Analyst
- Behavior Therapist
Tasks for “Child and Family Counselor”
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, and assistants.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems, destructive patterns of behavior, and other personal issues.
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Follow up on results of counseling programs and clients' adjustments to determine effectiveness of programs.
- Write evaluations of parents and children for use by courts deciding divorce and custody cases, testifying in court if necessary.
- Maintain case files that include activities, progress notes, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, and financial difficulties.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Provide instructions to clients on how to obtain help with legal, financial, and other personal issues.
- Encourage individuals and family members to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Confer with clients to develop plans for posttreatment activities.
- Gather information from doctors, schools, social workers, juvenile counselors, law enforcement personnel, and others to make recommendations to courts for resolution of child custody or visitation disputes.
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, and legal aid.
- Confer with other counselors, doctors, and professionals to analyze individual cases and to coordinate counseling services.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Toy block sets
- Hand puppets
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Doll houses
- Care Paths eRecord
- Casamba SmartClinic
- EZ2Bill Confidant
- Microsoft Outlook
- eMDs Medisoft
- Web browser software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- American Medical Billing Software PMA
- Anasazi Software Client Data System
- DocuTrac QuicDoc
- Blueberry Harbor Software Clinical Record Keeper
- Microsoft Word
- SumTime Software SumTime
- Netsmart Technologies Helper
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Saner Software ShrinkRapt
- PM/2 Clinical Planner
- Cornucopia Software Practice MAGIC
- Advantage Software Psych Advantage
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- PracticePRO Software Systems QuickPractice
- Mdansby The PsychReport
- EZClaim Healthcare Software EZClaim Advanced Medical Billing
- Microsoft Access
- Synergistic Office Solutions SOS Case Manager
- Beaver Creek Software The THERAPIST