Will “Play Therapist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Play Therapist” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #62 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1013.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 54,090.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 26.00
- Currently, there are 36,960 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Marriage and Family Therapists”.
Also Known As…
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Family Therapist
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Services Director
- Advanced Clinical Specialist
- Senior Clinician
- Relationship Counselor
- Marriage Therapist
- Marriage Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Licensed Staff-MFT
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Group Counselor
- Family Counselor
- Director-Child Abuse Therapy
- Couples Therapist
- Couple and Family Therapist, Staff Therapist
- Child and Family Counselor
- Behavioral Therapist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Behavioral Analyst
- Behavior Therapist
Tasks for “Play Therapist”
- Follow up on results of counseling programs and clients' adjustments to determine effectiveness of programs.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, and financial difficulties.
- Confer with other counselors, doctors, and professionals to analyze individual cases and to coordinate counseling services.
- Maintain case files that include activities, progress notes, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Provide instructions to clients on how to obtain help with legal, financial, and other personal issues.
- Gather information from doctors, schools, social workers, juvenile counselors, law enforcement personnel, and others to make recommendations to courts for resolution of child custody or visitation disputes.
- Encourage individuals and family members to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Write evaluations of parents and children for use by courts deciding divorce and custody cases, testifying in court if necessary.
- Confer with clients to develop plans for posttreatment activities.
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, and legal aid.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, and assistants.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems, destructive patterns of behavior, and other personal issues.
Related Technology & Tools
- Doll houses
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Personal computers
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Photocopying equipment
- Toy block sets
- Computer laser printers
- Hand puppets
- Multi-line telephone systems
- SumTime Software SumTime
- Microsoft Excel
- eMDs Medisoft
- American Medical Billing Software PMA
- Microsoft Office
- Cornucopia Software Practice MAGIC
- Advantage Software Psych Advantage
- Beaver Creek Software The THERAPIST
- Microsoft Word
- Netsmart Technologies Helper
- Saner Software ShrinkRapt
- Casamba SmartClinic
- PracticePRO Software Systems QuickPractice
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Care Paths eRecord
- Blueberry Harbor Software Clinical Record Keeper
- EZ2Bill Confidant
- Mdansby The PsychReport
- Synergistic Office Solutions SOS Case Manager
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PM/2 Clinical Planner
- Microsoft Outlook
- DocuTrac QuicDoc
- Microsoft Access
- EZClaim Healthcare Software EZClaim Advanced Medical Billing
- Anasazi Software Client Data System