Will “Marriage and Family Therapists” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Marriage and Family Therapists” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #62 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1013.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 54,090.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 26.00
- Currently, there are 36,960 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Family Therapist
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Services Director
- Advanced Clinical Specialist
- Senior Clinician
- Relationship Counselor
- Play Therapist
- Marriage Therapist
- Marriage Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Licensed Staff-MFT
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Group Counselor
- Family Counselor
- Director-Child Abuse Therapy
- Couples Therapist
- Couple and Family Therapist, Staff Therapist
- Child and Family Counselor
- Behavioral Therapist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Behavioral Analyst
- Behavior Therapist
Tasks for “Marriage and Family Therapists”
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Follow up on results of counseling programs and clients' adjustments to determine effectiveness of programs.
- Encourage individuals and family members to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Confer with clients to develop plans for posttreatment activities.
- Confer with other counselors, doctors, and professionals to analyze individual cases and to coordinate counseling services.
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, and financial difficulties.
- Provide instructions to clients on how to obtain help with legal, financial, and other personal issues.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, and legal aid.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Gather information from doctors, schools, social workers, juvenile counselors, law enforcement personnel, and others to make recommendations to courts for resolution of child custody or visitation disputes.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems, destructive patterns of behavior, and other personal issues.
- Write evaluations of parents and children for use by courts deciding divorce and custody cases, testifying in court if necessary.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, and assistants.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Maintain case files that include activities, progress notes, evaluations, and recommendations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Hand puppets
- Doll houses
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Photocopying equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Toy block sets
- Advantage Software Psych Advantage
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- DocuTrac QuicDoc
- Mdansby The PsychReport
- Care Paths eRecord
- SumTime Software SumTime
- Beaver Creek Software The THERAPIST
- Web browser software
- Casamba SmartClinic
- Microsoft Outlook
- PM/2 Clinical Planner
- PracticePRO Software Systems QuickPractice
- eMDs Medisoft
- Anasazi Software Client Data System
- Microsoft Access
- Netsmart Technologies Helper
- Microsoft Office
- EZClaim Healthcare Software EZClaim Advanced Medical Billing
- Saner Software ShrinkRapt
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Cornucopia Software Practice MAGIC
- Synergistic Office Solutions SOS Case Manager
- Microsoft Word
- Blueberry Harbor Software Clinical Record Keeper
- American Medical Billing Software PMA
- EZ2Bill Confidant