Will “Licensed Staff-MFT” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Licensed Staff-MFT” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #62 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-1013.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 54,090.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 26.00
- Currently, there are 36,960 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Marriage and Family Therapists”.
Also Known As…
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Family Therapist
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Services Director
- Advanced Clinical Specialist
- Senior Clinician
- Relationship Counselor
- Play Therapist
- Marriage Therapist
- Marriage Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Group Counselor
- Family Counselor
- Director-Child Abuse Therapy
- Couples Therapist
- Couple and Family Therapist, Staff Therapist
- Child and Family Counselor
- Behavioral Therapist
- Behavioral Specialist
- Behavioral Analyst
- Behavior Therapist
Tasks for “Licensed Staff-MFT”
- Confer with clients to develop plans for posttreatment activities.
- Gather information from doctors, schools, social workers, juvenile counselors, law enforcement personnel, and others to make recommendations to courts for resolution of child custody or visitation disputes.
- Provide instructions to clients on how to obtain help with legal, financial, and other personal issues.
- Write evaluations of parents and children for use by courts deciding divorce and custody cases, testifying in court if necessary.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Confer with other counselors, doctors, and professionals to analyze individual cases and to coordinate counseling services.
- Maintain case files that include activities, progress notes, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Encourage individuals and family members to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, and financial difficulties.
- Follow up on results of counseling programs and clients' adjustments to determine effectiveness of programs.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, and legal aid.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems, destructive patterns of behavior, and other personal issues.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, and assistants.
Related Technology & Tools
- Hand puppets
- Photocopying equipment
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Toy block sets
- Doll houses
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Computer laser printers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Netsmart Technologies Helper
- Anasazi Software Client Data System
- PM/2 Clinical Planner
- Microsoft Office
- Mdansby The PsychReport
- Advantage Software Psych Advantage
- Blueberry Harbor Software Clinical Record Keeper
- Intuit QuickBooks
- DocuTrac QuicDoc
- Microsoft Excel
- Cornucopia Software Practice MAGIC
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- eMDs Medisoft
- PracticePRO Software Systems QuickPractice
- Saner Software ShrinkRapt
- Microsoft Outlook
- Beaver Creek Software The THERAPIST
- EZ2Bill Confidant
- Synergistic Office Solutions SOS Case Manager
- Care Paths eRecord
- Microsoft Access
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- EZClaim Healthcare Software EZClaim Advanced Medical Billing
- Casamba SmartClinic
- American Medical Billing Software PMA
- SumTime Software SumTime