Will “Deacon” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Deacon” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #42 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Conduct religious worship and perform other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination. Provide spiritual and moral guidance and assistance to members.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 21-2011.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 49,450.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 23.00
- Currently, there are 49,320 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Clergy”.
Also Known As…
- Missionary Coordinator
- Congregational Care Pastor
- Children's Minister
- Catholic Priest
- Youth Pastor
- Worship Leader
- Student Ministry Pastor
- Presbyterian Clergy
- Pastoral Counselor
- Ordained Minister
- Minister Assistant
- Marriage Performer
- Marriage Counselor Minister
- Hospital Chaplain
- Hospice Chaplain
- Hebrew Cantor
- Clergy Member
- Christian Counselor
Tasks for “Deacon”
- Read from sacred texts such as the Bible, Torah, or Koran.
- Collaborate with committees or individuals to address financial or administrative issues pertaining to congregations.
- Instruct people who seek conversion to a particular faith.
- Administer religious rites or ordinances.
- Study and interpret religious laws, doctrines, or traditions.
- Organize and lead regular religious services.
- Respond to requests for assistance during emergencies or crises.
- Conduct special ceremonies, such as weddings, funerals, or confirmations.
- Counsel individuals or groups concerning their spiritual, emotional, or personal needs.
- Refer people to community support services, psychologists, or doctors.
- Plan or lead religious education programs.
- Pray and promote spirituality.
- Participate in fundraising activities to support congregational activities or facilities.
- Train leaders of church, community, or youth groups.
- Share information about religious issues by writing articles, giving speeches, or teaching.
- Prepare people for participation in religious ceremonies.
- Perform administrative duties, such as overseeing building management, ordering supplies, contracting for services or repairs, or supervising the work of staff members or volunteers.
- Organize or engage in interfaith, community, civic, educational, or recreational activities sponsored by or related to religious programs.
- Devise ways in which congregational membership can be expanded.
- Prepare and deliver sermons or other talks.
- Visit people in homes, hospitals, or prisons to provide them with comfort and support.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Passenger vehicles
- Multiline telephone systems
- Cordless microphones
- Tablet computers
- Laptop computers
- Multimedia presentation projectors
- Email software
- Event scheduling software
- Membership databases
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office