Will “Chancery Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
50% Chance of Automation
“Chancery Clerk” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #301 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Use verbatim methods and equipment to capture, store, retrieve, and transcribe pretrial and trial proceedings or other information. Includes stenocaptioners who operate computerized stenographic captioning equipment to provide captions of live or prerecorded broadcasts for hearing-impaired viewers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 23-2091.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 56,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 17,700 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Court Reporters”.
Also Known As…
- Court Reporters
- Realtime Court Reporter
- Official Court Reporter
- Freelance Court Reporter
- Digital Court Reporter
- Deposition Reporter
- Court Stenographer
- Court Reporter
- Court Recording Monitor
- Certified Shorthand Reporter (CSR)
- Voice Writing Reporter
- Transcript Clerk
- Text Transcriber
- Stenotype Operator
- Stenographic Court Reporter
- Shorthand Reporter
- Roving Court Reporter
- Realtime Captioner
- Print Shop Stenographer
- Judicial Reporter
- Hearings Reporter
- Freelance Operator
- Freelance Court Stenographer
- Electronic Court Recorder
- District Court Reporter
- Data Transcriber
- Court Transcriber
- Court Recorder
- Court Monitor
- Caption Writer
Tasks for “Chancery Clerk”
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copies against original records of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judges.
- Take notes in shorthand or use a stenotype or shorthand machine that prints letters on a paper tape.
- Ask speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Record depositions and other proceedings for attorneys.
- Record symbols on computer storage media and use computer aided transcription to translate and display them as text.
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies, committee meetings, and other proceedings, using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machines, or stenomasks.
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read portions of the proceedings already recorded.
- File and store shorthand notes of court session.
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
- File a legible transcript of records of a court case with the court clerk's office.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Digital audio recorders
- Desktop computers
- Dictation equipment
- Laptop computers
- Audio tape recorders
- Stenotype machines
- Microsoft Word
- Corel WordPerfect
- Web browser software
- ProCAT Winner
- Acclaim Legal Acclaim DepoManage
- Gigatron StenoCAT
- Stenovations Digital CAT
- ForTheRecord TheRecord Player
- Electronic Transcript Software ProTEXT
- Microsoft Excel
- Courtroom Data Solutions Techlennium
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- HTH Engineering Start-Stop PowerPlay
- Cheetah International SmartCAT
- Chase Software Solutions Court Reporting Software
- AudioScribe SpeechCAT
- Acculaw Court Reporters Billing Scheduling Job Management System ABSMS
- Thomson West LiveNote
- OMTI ReporterBase
- Equative TimeLedger
- Stenograph Case CATalyst
- Advantage Software Total Eclipse