Will “Chancery Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
50% Chance of Automation
“Chancery Clerk” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #301 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Use verbatim methods and equipment to capture, store, retrieve, and transcribe pretrial and trial proceedings or other information. Includes stenocaptioners who operate computerized stenographic captioning equipment to provide captions of live or prerecorded broadcasts for hearing-impaired viewers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 23-2091.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 56,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 17,700 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Court Reporters”.
Also Known As…
- Court Reporters
- Realtime Court Reporter
- Official Court Reporter
- Freelance Court Reporter
- Digital Court Reporter
- Deposition Reporter
- Court Stenographer
- Court Reporter
- Court Recording Monitor
- Certified Shorthand Reporter (CSR)
- Voice Writing Reporter
- Transcript Clerk
- Text Transcriber
- Stenotype Operator
- Stenographic Court Reporter
- Shorthand Reporter
- Roving Court Reporter
- Realtime Captioner
- Print Shop Stenographer
- Judicial Reporter
- Hearings Reporter
- Freelance Operator
- Freelance Court Stenographer
- Electronic Court Recorder
- District Court Reporter
- Data Transcriber
- Court Transcriber
- Court Recorder
- Court Monitor
- Caption Writer
Tasks for “Chancery Clerk”
- Record symbols on computer storage media and use computer aided transcription to translate and display them as text.
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copies against original records of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judges.
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies, committee meetings, and other proceedings, using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machines, or stenomasks.
- Record depositions and other proceedings for attorneys.
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats.
- File a legible transcript of records of a court case with the court clerk's office.
- File and store shorthand notes of court session.
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read portions of the proceedings already recorded.
- Ask speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Take notes in shorthand or use a stenotype or shorthand machine that prints letters on a paper tape.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Dictation equipment
- Stenotype machines
- Laptop computers
- Audio tape recorders
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Personal computers
- Digital audio recorders
- Microsoft Word
- Acclaim Legal Acclaim DepoManage
- Electronic Transcript Software ProTEXT
- Advantage Software Total Eclipse
- Stenovations Digital CAT
- ProCAT Winner
- ForTheRecord TheRecord Player
- Courtroom Data Solutions Techlennium
- Microsoft Excel
- Equative TimeLedger
- Chase Software Solutions Court Reporting Software
- Acculaw Court Reporters Billing Scheduling Job Management System ABSMS
- HTH Engineering Start-Stop PowerPlay
- Gigatron StenoCAT
- Cheetah International SmartCAT
- OMTI ReporterBase
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- AudioScribe SpeechCAT
- Web browser software
- Stenograph Case CATalyst
- Thomson West LiveNote
- Corel WordPerfect