Will “Print Shop Stenographer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
50% Chance of Automation
“Print Shop Stenographer” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #301 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Use verbatim methods and equipment to capture, store, retrieve, and transcribe pretrial and trial proceedings or other information. Includes stenocaptioners who operate computerized stenographic captioning equipment to provide captions of live or prerecorded broadcasts for hearing-impaired viewers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 23-2091.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 56,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 17,700 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Court Reporters”.
Also Known As…
- Court Reporters
- Realtime Court Reporter
- Official Court Reporter
- Freelance Court Reporter
- Digital Court Reporter
- Deposition Reporter
- Court Stenographer
- Court Reporter
- Court Recording Monitor
- Certified Shorthand Reporter (CSR)
- Voice Writing Reporter
- Transcript Clerk
- Text Transcriber
- Stenotype Operator
- Stenographic Court Reporter
- Shorthand Reporter
- Roving Court Reporter
- Realtime Captioner
- Judicial Reporter
- Hearings Reporter
- Freelance Operator
- Freelance Court Stenographer
- Electronic Court Recorder
- District Court Reporter
- Data Transcriber
- Court Transcriber
- Court Recorder
- Court Monitor
- Chancery Clerk
- Caption Writer
Tasks for “Print Shop Stenographer”
- Record depositions and other proceedings for attorneys.
- File a legible transcript of records of a court case with the court clerk's office.
- Record symbols on computer storage media and use computer aided transcription to translate and display them as text.
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copies against original records of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judges.
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read portions of the proceedings already recorded.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies, committee meetings, and other proceedings, using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machines, or stenomasks.
- File and store shorthand notes of court session.
- Ask speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats.
- Take notes in shorthand or use a stenotype or shorthand machine that prints letters on a paper tape.
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
Related Technology & Tools
- Dictation equipment
- Audio tape recorders
- Stenotype machines
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Digital audio recorders
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Personal computers
- Equative TimeLedger
- Cheetah International SmartCAT
- Acculaw Court Reporters Billing Scheduling Job Management System ABSMS
- Microsoft Word
- Thomson West LiveNote
- Courtroom Data Solutions Techlennium
- Microsoft Excel
- Stenograph Case CATalyst
- HTH Engineering Start-Stop PowerPlay
- Web browser software
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- ForTheRecord TheRecord Player
- Stenovations Digital CAT
- AudioScribe SpeechCAT
- ProCAT Winner
- Advantage Software Total Eclipse
- Chase Software Solutions Court Reporting Software
- Gigatron StenoCAT
- Electronic Transcript Software ProTEXT
- Acclaim Legal Acclaim DepoManage
- Corel WordPerfect
- OMTI ReporterBase