Will “Text Transcriber” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
50% Chance of Automation
“Text Transcriber” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #301 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Use verbatim methods and equipment to capture, store, retrieve, and transcribe pretrial and trial proceedings or other information. Includes stenocaptioners who operate computerized stenographic captioning equipment to provide captions of live or prerecorded broadcasts for hearing-impaired viewers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 23-2091.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 56,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 17,700 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Court Reporters”.
Also Known As…
- Court Reporters
- Realtime Court Reporter
- Official Court Reporter
- Freelance Court Reporter
- Digital Court Reporter
- Deposition Reporter
- Court Stenographer
- Court Reporter
- Court Recording Monitor
- Certified Shorthand Reporter (CSR)
- Voice Writing Reporter
- Transcript Clerk
- Stenotype Operator
- Stenographic Court Reporter
- Shorthand Reporter
- Roving Court Reporter
- Realtime Captioner
- Print Shop Stenographer
- Judicial Reporter
- Hearings Reporter
- Freelance Operator
- Freelance Court Stenographer
- Electronic Court Recorder
- District Court Reporter
- Data Transcriber
- Court Transcriber
- Court Recorder
- Court Monitor
- Chancery Clerk
- Caption Writer
Tasks for “Text Transcriber”
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read portions of the proceedings already recorded.
- Record symbols on computer storage media and use computer aided transcription to translate and display them as text.
- Ask speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats.
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copies against original records of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judges.
- File a legible transcript of records of a court case with the court clerk's office.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies, committee meetings, and other proceedings, using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machines, or stenomasks.
- Record depositions and other proceedings for attorneys.
- File and store shorthand notes of court session.
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
- Take notes in shorthand or use a stenotype or shorthand machine that prints letters on a paper tape.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital audio recorders
- Audio tape recorders
- Photocopying equipment
- Laptop computers
- Dictation equipment
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Desktop computers
- Stenotype machines
- Personal computers
- ForTheRecord TheRecord Player
- Corel WordPerfect
- Acculaw Court Reporters Billing Scheduling Job Management System ABSMS
- Advantage Software Total Eclipse
- Stenovations Digital CAT
- HTH Engineering Start-Stop PowerPlay
- Courtroom Data Solutions Techlennium
- ProCAT Winner
- Gigatron StenoCAT
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Stenograph Case CATalyst
- Cheetah International SmartCAT
- Electronic Transcript Software ProTEXT
- Chase Software Solutions Court Reporting Software
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Thomson West LiveNote
- Acclaim Legal Acclaim DepoManage
- AudioScribe SpeechCAT
- Microsoft Excel
- OMTI ReporterBase
- Equative TimeLedger