Will “Electronic Court Recorder” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
50% Chance of Automation
“Electronic Court Recorder” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #301 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Use verbatim methods and equipment to capture, store, retrieve, and transcribe pretrial and trial proceedings or other information. Includes stenocaptioners who operate computerized stenographic captioning equipment to provide captions of live or prerecorded broadcasts for hearing-impaired viewers.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 23-2091.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 56,940.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 27.00
- Currently, there are 17,700 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Court Reporters”.
Also Known As…
- Court Reporters
- Realtime Court Reporter
- Official Court Reporter
- Freelance Court Reporter
- Digital Court Reporter
- Deposition Reporter
- Court Stenographer
- Court Reporter
- Court Recording Monitor
- Certified Shorthand Reporter (CSR)
- Voice Writing Reporter
- Transcript Clerk
- Text Transcriber
- Stenotype Operator
- Stenographic Court Reporter
- Shorthand Reporter
- Roving Court Reporter
- Realtime Captioner
- Print Shop Stenographer
- Judicial Reporter
- Hearings Reporter
- Freelance Operator
- Freelance Court Stenographer
- District Court Reporter
- Data Transcriber
- Court Transcriber
- Court Recorder
- Court Monitor
- Chancery Clerk
- Caption Writer
Tasks for “Electronic Court Recorder”
- Record symbols on computer storage media and use computer aided transcription to translate and display them as text.
- File a legible transcript of records of a court case with the court clerk's office.
- File and store shorthand notes of court session.
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copies against original records of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judges.
- Ask speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats.
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies, committee meetings, and other proceedings, using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machines, or stenomasks.
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read portions of the proceedings already recorded.
- Take notes in shorthand or use a stenotype or shorthand machine that prints letters on a paper tape.
- Record depositions and other proceedings for attorneys.
Related Technology & Tools
- Audio tape recorders
- Desktop computers
- Dictation equipment
- Digital audio recorders
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Stenotype machines
- Photocopying equipment
- Personal computers
- Acclaim Legal Acclaim DepoManage
- Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Web browser software
- Acculaw Court Reporters Billing Scheduling Job Management System ABSMS
- Cheetah International SmartCAT
- AudioScribe SpeechCAT
- Microsoft Excel
- Courtroom Data Solutions Techlennium
- ProCAT Winner
- Thomson West LiveNote
- Corel WordPerfect
- HTH Engineering Start-Stop PowerPlay
- Microsoft Word
- Stenovations Digital CAT
- Advantage Software Total Eclipse
- Chase Software Solutions Court Reporting Software
- Gigatron StenoCAT
- Electronic Transcript Software ProTEXT
- ForTheRecord TheRecord Player
- Stenograph Case CATalyst
- Equative TimeLedger
- OMTI ReporterBase