Will “Bingo Caller” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Bingo Caller” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Motion Picture Narrator
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Bingo Caller”
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
Related Technology & Tools
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Laptop computers
- Sound effects devices
- Handheld microphones
- Portable public address PA systems
- Table top multi players
- Graphic equalizers
- Surge protectors
- Tablet computers
- Microphone stands
- Record turntables
- Speaker stands
- Loudspeaker systems
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Microsoft Office
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Microsoft Excel
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Website creation software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Graphic equalizer software