Will “Bingo Caller” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Bingo Caller” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Motion Picture Narrator
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Bingo Caller”
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
Related Technology & Tools
- Loudspeaker systems
- Sound effects devices
- Speaker stands
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Graphic equalizers
- Handheld microphones
- Tablet computers
- Table top multi players
- Surge protectors
- Portable public address PA systems
- Microphone stands
- Laptop computers
- Record turntables
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Sports Sounds Pro
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Web browser software
- Graphic equalizer software
- Website creation software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Microsoft Office