Will “Entertainer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Entertainer” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Motion Picture Narrator
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Entertainer”
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
Related Technology & Tools
- Table top multi players
- Loudspeaker systems
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Sound effects devices
- Portable public address PA systems
- Speaker stands
- Laptop computers
- Microphone stands
- Handheld microphones
- Tablet computers
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Surge protectors
- Graphic equalizers
- Record turntables
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Graphic equalizer software
- Website creation software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office