Will “Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #399 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Make announcements over public address system at sporting or other public events. May act as master of ceremonies or disc jockey at weddings, parties, clubs, or other gathering places.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 27-3012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 42,740.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 20.00
- Currently, there are 8,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Public Address System and Other Announcers”.
Also Known As…
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Track Announcer
- Public Address Announcer (PA Announcer)
- Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)
- Master of Ceremonies (MC)
- Event Host
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- Bingo Caller
- Train Caller
- Train Announcer
- Sports Announcer
- Motion Picture Narrator
- Commercial Announcer
Tasks for “Mobile Disc Jockey (Mobile DJ)”
- Study the layout of an event venue to be able to give accurate directions in the event of an emergency.
- Preview any music intended to be broadcast over the public address system.
- Meet with event directors to review schedules and exchange information about details, such as national anthem performers and starting lineups.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Learn to pronounce the names of players, coaches, institutional personnel, officials, and other individuals involved in an event.
- Select and play music appropriate for the crowd.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Set up and test various equipment, including sound equipment, before each event.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
- Organize team information, such as statistics and tournament records, to ensure accessibility for use during events.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
- Greet attendees and serve as masters of ceremonies at banquets, store openings, and other events.
Related Technology & Tools
- Wireless public address PA systems
- Musical instrument digital interface MIDI sequencers
- Speaker stands
- Sound effects devices
- Surge protectors
- Portable public address PA systems
- Tablet computer remote controls
- Microphone stands
- Graphic equalizers
- Tablet computers
- Record turntables
- Handheld microphones
- Laptop computers
- Loudspeaker systems
- Table top multi players
- Atomix Productions VirtualDJ
- Web browser software
- PreSonus Virtual StudioLive
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Sports Sounds Pro
- Native Instruments Traktor Scratch
- Website creation software
- Graphic equalizer software
- Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol
- Microsoft Office