Will “Behavioral Health Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Behavioral Health Technician” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Behavioral Health Technician”
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Hypodermic syringes
- Urinary catheters
- Emergency carts
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Nasogastric tubes
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Suction machines
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Patient restraints
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Surgical masks
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Safety gloves
- Personal computers
- Oxygen carts
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Heat therapy equipment
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Hospital beds
- Desktop computers
- Cold therapy equipment
- Notebook computers
- Traction equipment
- Blood drawing syringes
- Enema equipment
- Microsoft Office
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- Cerner ProFile
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Microsoft Excel