Will “Behavioral Health Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Behavioral Health Technician” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Behavioral Health Technician”
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
Related Technology & Tools
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Surgical masks
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Safety gloves
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Urinary catheters
- Patient restraints
- Hospital beds
- Emergency carts
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Suction machines
- Personal computers
- Blood drawing syringes
- Heat therapy equipment
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Notebook computers
- Oxygen carts
- Tablet computers
- Hypodermic syringes
- Enema equipment
- Traction equipment
- Desktop computers
- Nasogastric tubes
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Cold therapy equipment
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- Cerner ProFile
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS