Will “Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)”
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
Related Technology & Tools
- Enema equipment
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Safety gloves
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Emergency carts
- Personal computers
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Desktop computers
- Notebook computers
- Surgical masks
- Traction equipment
- Suction machines
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Nasogastric tubes
- Hospital beds
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Heat therapy equipment
- Cold therapy equipment
- Patient restraints
- Urinary catheters
- Blood drawing syringes
- Tablet computers
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Oxygen carts
- Hypodermic syringes
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Cerner ProFile
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS