Will “Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)”
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
Related Technology & Tools
- Heat therapy equipment
- Urinary catheters
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Surgical masks
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Blood drawing syringes
- Suction machines
- Traction equipment
- Patient restraints
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Safety gloves
- Emergency carts
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Hospital beds
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- Oxygen carts
- Hypodermic syringes
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Enema equipment
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Cold therapy equipment
- Nasogastric tubes
- Notebook computers
- Desktop computers
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Microsoft Excel
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- Cerner ProFile
- Microsoft Office
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record