Will “Mental Health Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Mental Health Associate” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Mental Health Associate”
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Oxygen carts
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Nasogastric tubes
- Hospital beds
- Emergency carts
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Heat therapy equipment
- Desktop computers
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Cold therapy equipment
- Blood drawing syringes
- Hypodermic syringes
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Traction equipment
- Patient restraints
- Urinary catheters
- Notebook computers
- Safety gloves
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Suction machines
- Personal computers
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Surgical masks
- Enema equipment
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS
- Microsoft Office
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- Microsoft Excel
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Cerner ProFile
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager