Will “Mental Health Technician (MHT)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Mental Health Technician (MHT)” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Mental Health Technician (MHT)”
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
Related Technology & Tools
- Emergency carts
- Oxygen carts
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Urinary catheters
- Enema equipment
- Heat therapy equipment
- Blood drawing syringes
- Nasogastric tubes
- Traction equipment
- Surgical masks
- Suction machines
- Desktop computers
- Patient restraints
- Safety gloves
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Cold therapy equipment
- Hypodermic syringes
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Tablet computers
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Notebook computers
- Personal computers
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Hospital beds
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Cerner ProFile
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- Microsoft Office
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- Microsoft Excel
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record