Will “Mental Health Worker” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
4.3% Chance of Automation
“Mental Health Worker” will not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #132 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians or other health practitioners. Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to medical staff. May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs, help with personal hygiene, and administer oral or injectable medications.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 29-2053.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 35,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 17.00
- Currently, there are 61,720 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Psychiatric Technicians”.
Also Known As…
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Residential Aide (RA)
- Psychiatric Technician (PT)
- Mental Health Worker
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Associate
- Mental Health Assistant (MHA)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
- Health Care Technician
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Support Team Member (STM)
- Psychology Associate
- Psychiatric Technician (Psych Tech)
- Patient Care Specialist
- Milieu Therapist
- Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Tasks for “Mental Health Worker”
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status, or to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Escort patients to medical appointments.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Observe and influence patients' behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling, or befriending them.
- Encourage patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational, or other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills or develop social relationships.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to medical staff.
- Aid patients in performing tasks, such as bathing or keeping beds, clothing, or living areas clean.
- Provide nursing, psychiatric, or personal care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients.
- Take and record measures of patients' physical condition, using devices such as thermometers or blood pressure gauges.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Develop or teach strategies to promote client wellness and independence.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Administer oral medications or hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- Contact patients' relatives to arrange family conferences.
Related Technology & Tools
- Oxygen carts
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Blood drawing syringes
- Surgical masks
- Bag valve mask BVM resuscitators
- Nasogastric tubes
- Urinary catheters
- Enema equipment
- Heat therapy equipment
- Patient restraints
- Evacuated blood collection tubes
- Tablet computers
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing IPPB devices
- Hazardous material spill kits
- Hypodermic syringes
- Desktop computers
- Suction machines
- Safety gloves
- Electronic patient thermometers
- Emergency carts
- Notebook computers
- Tuberculin TB skin test equipment
- Personal computers
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Traction equipment
- Oxygen administration equipment
- Cold therapy equipment
- Hospital beds
- Cerner ProFile
- ADL Data Systems OptimumClinicals Electronic Health Record
- Epic EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System
- InfoLogix HealthTrax Engine
- Microsoft Office
- MEDITECH Behavioral Health Clinicals
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Netsmart Technologies Avatar Clinical Workstation CWS
- Microsoft Excel