Will “College Service Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“College Service Officer” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #482 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,650.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 8,920 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Parking Enforcement Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Ticket Writer
- Parking Technician
- Parking Regulation Enforcement Officer
- Parking Officer
- Parking Enforcer
- Parking Enforcement Technician
- Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO)
- Parking Control Officer
- Community Service Officer
- College Service Officer
- Traffic Control Officer
- Service Employee
- Ramp Service Employee
- Parking Meter Attendant
- Parking Enforcement Specialist
- Enforcement Safety Officer
- Civilian Technician
Tasks for “College Service Officer”
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Appear in court at hearings regarding contested traffic citations.
- Remove handbills within patrol areas.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Investigate and answer complaints regarding contested parking citations, determining their validity and routing them appropriately.
- Assign and review the work of subordinates.
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Provide assistance to motorists needing help with problems, such as flat tires, keys locked in cars, or dead batteries.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Perform traffic control duties such as setting up barricades and temporary signs, placing bags on parking meters to limit their use, or directing traffic.
- Wind parking meter clocks.
- Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations and facilities, and the location of streets, buildings and points of interest.
- Train new or temporary staff.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
- Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities, and records of contested citations.
- Locate lost, stolen, and counterfeit parking permits, and take necessary enforcement action.
- Collect coins deposited in meters.
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies such as hand-held citation computers, citation books, rain gear, tire-marking chalk, and street cones.
- Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic signals or signs, and street markings that need to be repainted.
Related Technology & Tools
- Parking timers
- Wheel locks
- Parking ticket printers
- Laptop computers
- Parking enforcement vehicles
- License plate recognition LPR cameras
- Handheld ticket writers
- Handheld data collectors
- Payment receipt printers
- Digital still cameras
- Analog parking meters
- Electronic cash registers
- Mountain bicycles
- Parking meter readers
- Barcode scanners
- Desktop computers
- Mobile radios
- Complus Data Innovations FastTrack
- Vehicle information databases
- Ticket issuing software
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Integrated Parking Solutions MApp