Will “Parking Enforcement Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Parking Enforcement Technician” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #482 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,650.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 8,920 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Parking Enforcement Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Ticket Writer
- Parking Technician
- Parking Regulation Enforcement Officer
- Parking Officer
- Parking Enforcer
- Parking Enforcement Technician
- Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO)
- Parking Control Officer
- Community Service Officer
- College Service Officer
- Traffic Control Officer
- Service Employee
- Ramp Service Employee
- Parking Meter Attendant
- Parking Enforcement Specialist
- Enforcement Safety Officer
- Civilian Technician
Tasks for “Parking Enforcement Technician”
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
- Train new or temporary staff.
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies such as hand-held citation computers, citation books, rain gear, tire-marking chalk, and street cones.
- Collect coins deposited in meters.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Remove handbills within patrol areas.
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Provide assistance to motorists needing help with problems, such as flat tires, keys locked in cars, or dead batteries.
- Wind parking meter clocks.
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
- Assign and review the work of subordinates.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Appear in court at hearings regarding contested traffic citations.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
- Locate lost, stolen, and counterfeit parking permits, and take necessary enforcement action.
- Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities, and records of contested citations.
- Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations and facilities, and the location of streets, buildings and points of interest.
- Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic signals or signs, and street markings that need to be repainted.
- Investigate and answer complaints regarding contested parking citations, determining their validity and routing them appropriately.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Perform traffic control duties such as setting up barricades and temporary signs, placing bags on parking meters to limit their use, or directing traffic.
Related Technology & Tools
- License plate recognition LPR cameras
- Parking ticket printers
- Parking timers
- Digital still cameras
- Handheld ticket writers
- Barcode scanners
- Desktop computers
- Mountain bicycles
- Wheel locks
- Laptop computers
- Analog parking meters
- Mobile radios
- Handheld data collectors
- Parking enforcement vehicles
- Electronic cash registers
- Payment receipt printers
- Parking meter readers
- Microsoft Excel
- Ticket issuing software
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Vehicle information databases
- Integrated Parking Solutions MApp
- Microsoft Office
- Complus Data Innovations FastTrack