Will “Parking Enforcement Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
84% Chance of Automation
“Parking Enforcement Technician” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #482 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,650.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 8,920 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Parking Enforcement Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Ticket Writer
- Parking Technician
- Parking Regulation Enforcement Officer
- Parking Officer
- Parking Enforcer
- Parking Enforcement Technician
- Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO)
- Parking Control Officer
- Community Service Officer
- College Service Officer
- Traffic Control Officer
- Service Employee
- Ramp Service Employee
- Parking Meter Attendant
- Parking Enforcement Specialist
- Enforcement Safety Officer
- Civilian Technician
Tasks for “Parking Enforcement Technician”
- Appear in court at hearings regarding contested traffic citations.
- Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations and facilities, and the location of streets, buildings and points of interest.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
- Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities, and records of contested citations.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Assign and review the work of subordinates.
- Provide assistance to motorists needing help with problems, such as flat tires, keys locked in cars, or dead batteries.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Wind parking meter clocks.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
- Train new or temporary staff.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Collect coins deposited in meters.
- Perform traffic control duties such as setting up barricades and temporary signs, placing bags on parking meters to limit their use, or directing traffic.
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
- Investigate and answer complaints regarding contested parking citations, determining their validity and routing them appropriately.
- Locate lost, stolen, and counterfeit parking permits, and take necessary enforcement action.
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic signals or signs, and street markings that need to be repainted.
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies such as hand-held citation computers, citation books, rain gear, tire-marking chalk, and street cones.
- Remove handbills within patrol areas.
Related Technology & Tools
- Analog parking meters
- Electronic cash registers
- Handheld ticket writers
- Mountain bicycles
- Desktop computers
- Barcode scanners
- Wheel locks
- Digital still cameras
- License plate recognition LPR cameras
- Parking timers
- Payment receipt printers
- Mobile radios
- Handheld data collectors
- Laptop computers
- Parking enforcement vehicles
- Parking ticket printers
- Parking meter readers
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Integrated Parking Solutions MApp
- Complus Data Innovations FastTrack
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Vehicle information databases
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Ticket issuing software