Will “Cashier and Salesperson” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Cashier and Salesperson” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
Tasks for “Cashier and Salesperson”
- Maintain cage security.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
Related Technology & Tools
- Credit card processing machines
- Cash advance terminals
- Desktop computers
- Automatic coin sorters
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Coin sorting setups
- Currency scanners
- 10-key calculators
- Cash registers
- Personal computers
- Security alarm systems
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet software