Will “Cashier and Salesperson” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Cashier and Salesperson” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
Tasks for “Cashier and Salesperson”
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Maintain cage security.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Establish new computer accounts.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Coin sorting setups
- 10-key calculators
- Currency scanners
- Personal computers
- Cash advance terminals
- Security alarm systems
- Cash registers
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Credit card processing machines
- Automatic coin sorters
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Spreadsheet software