Will “Cashier and Salesperson” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Cashier and Salesperson” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
Tasks for “Cashier and Salesperson”
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Maintain cage security.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Cash registers
- Cash advance terminals
- Automatic coin sorters
- Security alarm systems
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Currency scanners
- Coin sorting setups
- Credit card processing machines
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Word
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office