Will “Gaming Cage Workers” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Gaming Cage Workers” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Cashier and Salesperson
Tasks for “Gaming Cage Workers”
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Maintain cage security.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cash registers
- Desktop computers
- Automatic coin sorters
- Currency scanners
- 10-key calculators
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Cash advance terminals
- Security alarm systems
- Credit card processing machines
- Personal computers
- Coin sorting setups
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite