Will “Gaming Cage Cashier” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Gaming Cage Cashier” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Paymaster of Purses
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Cashier and Salesperson
Tasks for “Gaming Cage Cashier”
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Maintain cage security.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Cash registers
- Desktop computers
- Security alarm systems
- Credit card processing machines
- Coin sorting setups
- 10-key calculators
- Automatic coin sorters
- Cash advance terminals
- Currency scanners
- Personal computers
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel