Will “Paymaster of Purses” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
39% Chance of Automation
“Paymaster of Purses” will probably not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #269 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
In a gaming establishment, conduct financial transactions for patrons. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,120.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 18,810 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Gaming Cage Workers”.
Also Known As…
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Mutuel Clerk
- Gaming Cashier
- Gaming Cage Worker
- Casino Cashier Manager
- Casino Cashier
- Casino Cage Cashier
- Cage/Vault Supervisor
- Cage Supervisor
- Cage Manager
- Cage Cashier
- Gaming Cage Cashier
- Gambling Cashier
- Casino Worker
- Casino Gaming Worker
- Cashier and Salesperson
Tasks for “Paymaster of Purses”
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons or to other workers for resale to patrons.
- Maintain cage security.
- Follow all gaming regulations.
- Prepare reports, including assignment of company funds or recording of department revenues.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.
- Maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Determine cash requirements for windows and order all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Provide assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers.
- Establish new computer accounts.
- Supply currency, coins, chips, or gaming checks to other departments as needed.
Related Technology & Tools
- Automatic coin wrappers
- Automatic coin sorters
- Credit card processing machines
- Security alarm systems
- Cash advance terminals
- Coin sorting setups
- Desktop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Cash registers
- Personal computers
- Currency scanners
- Microsoft Word
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office