Will “Equal Opportunity Assistant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Civil Rights Investigator
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
Tasks for “Equal Opportunity Assistant”
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Database software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Microsoft Word
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Corel WordPerfect
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Bashen LinkLine
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Equitas EEOStat
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Microsoft Office