Will “Airline Flight Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Airline Flight Attendant” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #250 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Provide personal services to ensure the safety, security, and comfort of airline passengers during flight. Greet passengers, verify tickets, explain use of safety equipment, and serve food or beverages.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-2031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,620.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 0.00
- Currently, there are 113,390 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Flight Attendants”.
Also Known As…
- Flight Attendants
- Lead Instructor/Flight Attendant
- International Flight Attendant
- In-Flight Crew Member
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Supervisor
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Manager
- Flight Attendant/Air Transportation Supervisor
- Flight Attendant, Inflight Services
- Flight Attendant and Union Safety Chairperson
- Flight Attendant
- Ramp Flight Attendant
- Meal Attendant
- Flight Steward
- Flight Hostess
- Door and Arrival Attendant
- Airplane Flight Attendant
- Airline Stewardess
- Airline Hostess
- Airline Attendant
Tasks for “Airline Flight Attendant”
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort and to distribute reading material, headphones, pillows, playing cards, and blankets.
- Direct and assist passengers in emergency procedures, such as evacuating a plane following an emergency landing.
- Inspect and clean cabins, checking for any problems and making sure that cabins are in order.
- Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
- Attend preflight briefings concerning weather, altitudes, routes, emergency procedures, crew coordination, lengths of flights, food and beverage services offered, and numbers of passengers.
- Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
- Inspect passenger tickets to verify information and to obtain destination information.
- Walk aisles of planes to verify that passengers have complied with federal regulations prior to takeoffs and landings.
- Assist passengers in placing carry-on luggage in overhead, garment, or under-seat storage.
- Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are aboard and are in adequate supply.
- Determine special assistance needs of passengers such as small children, the elderly, or disabled persons.
- Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
- Assist passengers entering or disembarking the aircraft.
- Operate audio and video systems.
- Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
- Prepare reports showing places of departure and destination, passenger ticket numbers, meal and beverage inventories, the conditions of cabin equipment, and any problems encountered by passengers.
- Administer first aid to passengers in distress.
- Collect money for meals and beverages.
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Take inventory of headsets, alcoholic beverages, and money collected.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Heat and serve prepared foods.
- Sell alcoholic beverages to passengers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Aircraft fire extinguishing systems
- Intravenous IV administration sets
- Blood pressure recorders
- Nitroglycerin tablets
- Refreshment carts
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Smoke goggles
- Water system shutoff valves
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Supplemental oxygen systems
- Storage compartments
- Notebook computers
- Emergency exit doors and windows
- Self-inflating manual resuscitation devices
- Life preservers
- Window exit escape ropes
- Heaving life lines
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Flotation seat cushions
- Emergency locator transmitters
- Refrigeration units
- Satellite aircraft communication systems
- Protective breathing equipment
- Emergency rafts
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR masks
- Evacuation slides
- Portable oxygen equipment
- Chemical oxygen generators
- Commercial cooking ovens
- Electrical circuit breakers
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR equipment
- Halon fire extinguishers
- Slideraft packs
- First aid kits
- Cabin management systems
- Lavatory smoke detectors
- SBS International Maestro Suite
- Arkitektia Flight Itinerary
- ValtamTech Flight Crew Log
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Bid Assistant
- Microsoft Word
- AD OPT Altitude
- IBM Lotus LearningSpace