Will “Door and Arrival Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Door and Arrival Attendant” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #250 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Provide personal services to ensure the safety, security, and comfort of airline passengers during flight. Greet passengers, verify tickets, explain use of safety equipment, and serve food or beverages.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-2031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,620.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 0.00
- Currently, there are 113,390 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Flight Attendants”.
Also Known As…
- Flight Attendants
- Lead Instructor/Flight Attendant
- International Flight Attendant
- In-Flight Crew Member
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Supervisor
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Manager
- Flight Attendant/Air Transportation Supervisor
- Flight Attendant, Inflight Services
- Flight Attendant and Union Safety Chairperson
- Flight Attendant
- Ramp Flight Attendant
- Meal Attendant
- Flight Steward
- Flight Hostess
- Airplane Flight Attendant
- Airline Stewardess
- Airline Hostess
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Airline Attendant
Tasks for “Door and Arrival Attendant”
- Determine special assistance needs of passengers such as small children, the elderly, or disabled persons.
- Inspect passenger tickets to verify information and to obtain destination information.
- Administer first aid to passengers in distress.
- Sell alcoholic beverages to passengers.
- Direct and assist passengers in emergency procedures, such as evacuating a plane following an emergency landing.
- Prepare reports showing places of departure and destination, passenger ticket numbers, meal and beverage inventories, the conditions of cabin equipment, and any problems encountered by passengers.
- Walk aisles of planes to verify that passengers have complied with federal regulations prior to takeoffs and landings.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are aboard and are in adequate supply.
- Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
- Collect money for meals and beverages.
- Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
- Heat and serve prepared foods.
- Assist passengers in placing carry-on luggage in overhead, garment, or under-seat storage.
- Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
- Assist passengers entering or disembarking the aircraft.
- Take inventory of headsets, alcoholic beverages, and money collected.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort and to distribute reading material, headphones, pillows, playing cards, and blankets.
- Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Inspect and clean cabins, checking for any problems and making sure that cabins are in order.
- Attend preflight briefings concerning weather, altitudes, routes, emergency procedures, crew coordination, lengths of flights, food and beverage services offered, and numbers of passengers.
- Operate audio and video systems.
Related Technology & Tools
- Chemical oxygen generators
- Smoke goggles
- Satellite aircraft communication systems
- Emergency exit doors and windows
- Notebook computers
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR masks
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Commercial cooking ovens
- Nitroglycerin tablets
- Slideraft packs
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Supplemental oxygen systems
- Blood pressure recorders
- Emergency rafts
- Refreshment carts
- Protective breathing equipment
- Halon fire extinguishers
- Cabin management systems
- Self-inflating manual resuscitation devices
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR equipment
- Flotation seat cushions
- First aid kits
- Aircraft fire extinguishing systems
- Water system shutoff valves
- Emergency locator transmitters
- Heaving life lines
- Evacuation slides
- Window exit escape ropes
- Intravenous IV administration sets
- Portable oxygen equipment
- Desktop computers
- Storage compartments
- Refrigeration units
- Life preservers
- Electrical circuit breakers
- Lavatory smoke detectors
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- IBM Lotus LearningSpace
- SBS International Maestro Suite
- ValtamTech Flight Crew Log
- Microsoft Word
- Arkitektia Flight Itinerary
- AD OPT Altitude
- Bid Assistant