Will “Meal Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Meal Attendant” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #250 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Provide personal services to ensure the safety, security, and comfort of airline passengers during flight. Greet passengers, verify tickets, explain use of safety equipment, and serve food or beverages.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-2031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,620.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 0.00
- Currently, there are 113,390 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Flight Attendants”.
Also Known As…
- Flight Attendants
- Lead Instructor/Flight Attendant
- International Flight Attendant
- In-Flight Crew Member
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Supervisor
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Manager
- Flight Attendant/Air Transportation Supervisor
- Flight Attendant, Inflight Services
- Flight Attendant and Union Safety Chairperson
- Flight Attendant
- Ramp Flight Attendant
- Flight Steward
- Flight Hostess
- Door and Arrival Attendant
- Airplane Flight Attendant
- Airline Stewardess
- Airline Hostess
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Airline Attendant
Tasks for “Meal Attendant”
- Direct and assist passengers in emergency procedures, such as evacuating a plane following an emergency landing.
- Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
- Assist passengers entering or disembarking the aircraft.
- Heat and serve prepared foods.
- Prepare reports showing places of departure and destination, passenger ticket numbers, meal and beverage inventories, the conditions of cabin equipment, and any problems encountered by passengers.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are aboard and are in adequate supply.
- Sell alcoholic beverages to passengers.
- Administer first aid to passengers in distress.
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort and to distribute reading material, headphones, pillows, playing cards, and blankets.
- Attend preflight briefings concerning weather, altitudes, routes, emergency procedures, crew coordination, lengths of flights, food and beverage services offered, and numbers of passengers.
- Inspect and clean cabins, checking for any problems and making sure that cabins are in order.
- Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
- Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
- Inspect passenger tickets to verify information and to obtain destination information.
- Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
- Operate audio and video systems.
- Assist passengers in placing carry-on luggage in overhead, garment, or under-seat storage.
- Take inventory of headsets, alcoholic beverages, and money collected.
- Determine special assistance needs of passengers such as small children, the elderly, or disabled persons.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Walk aisles of planes to verify that passengers have complied with federal regulations prior to takeoffs and landings.
- Collect money for meals and beverages.
- Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
Related Technology & Tools
- Chemical oxygen generators
- Self-inflating manual resuscitation devices
- Lavatory smoke detectors
- Smoke goggles
- Commercial cooking ovens
- Refrigeration units
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR masks
- Evacuation slides
- Emergency rafts
- Refreshment carts
- Flotation seat cushions
- Cabin management systems
- Aircraft fire extinguishing systems
- Slideraft packs
- Life preservers
- Window exit escape ropes
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR equipment
- Emergency exit doors and windows
- Portable oxygen equipment
- Water system shutoff valves
- Satellite aircraft communication systems
- First aid kits
- Heaving life lines
- Halon fire extinguishers
- Supplemental oxygen systems
- Blood pressure recorders
- Notebook computers
- Nitroglycerin tablets
- Emergency locator transmitters
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Protective breathing equipment
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Storage compartments
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Intravenous IV administration sets
- Desktop computers
- Electrical circuit breakers
- IBM Lotus LearningSpace
- Bid Assistant
- Microsoft Word
- Arkitektia Flight Itinerary
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- ValtamTech Flight Crew Log
- AD OPT Altitude
- SBS International Maestro Suite