Will “Meal Attendant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Meal Attendant” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #250 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Provide personal services to ensure the safety, security, and comfort of airline passengers during flight. Greet passengers, verify tickets, explain use of safety equipment, and serve food or beverages.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 53-2031.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 51,620.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 0.00
- Currently, there are 113,390 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Flight Attendants”.
Also Known As…
- Flight Attendants
- Lead Instructor/Flight Attendant
- International Flight Attendant
- In-Flight Crew Member
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Supervisor
- Flight Attendant/Inflight Manager
- Flight Attendant/Air Transportation Supervisor
- Flight Attendant, Inflight Services
- Flight Attendant and Union Safety Chairperson
- Flight Attendant
- Ramp Flight Attendant
- Flight Steward
- Flight Hostess
- Door and Arrival Attendant
- Airplane Flight Attendant
- Airline Stewardess
- Airline Hostess
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Airline Attendant
Tasks for “Meal Attendant”
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort and to distribute reading material, headphones, pillows, playing cards, and blankets.
- Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
- Direct and assist passengers in emergency procedures, such as evacuating a plane following an emergency landing.
- Walk aisles of planes to verify that passengers have complied with federal regulations prior to takeoffs and landings.
- Assist passengers in placing carry-on luggage in overhead, garment, or under-seat storage.
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Heat and serve prepared foods.
- Inspect and clean cabins, checking for any problems and making sure that cabins are in order.
- Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, or schedules.
- Collect money for meals and beverages.
- Inspect passenger tickets to verify information and to obtain destination information.
- Operate audio and video systems.
- Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are aboard and are in adequate supply.
- Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
- Attend preflight briefings concerning weather, altitudes, routes, emergency procedures, crew coordination, lengths of flights, food and beverage services offered, and numbers of passengers.
- Determine special assistance needs of passengers such as small children, the elderly, or disabled persons.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Sell alcoholic beverages to passengers.
- Prepare reports showing places of departure and destination, passenger ticket numbers, meal and beverage inventories, the conditions of cabin equipment, and any problems encountered by passengers.
- Take inventory of headsets, alcoholic beverages, and money collected.
- Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
- Administer first aid to passengers in distress.
- Assist passengers entering or disembarking the aircraft.
Related Technology & Tools
- Self-inflating manual resuscitation devices
- Lavatory smoke detectors
- Refrigeration units
- Emergency locator transmitters
- Emergency exit doors and windows
- Blood pressure recorders
- Heaving life lines
- Chemical oxygen generators
- Notebook computers
- Satellite aircraft communication systems
- Water system shutoff valves
- Automated external defibrillators AED
- Desktop computers
- Window exit escape ropes
- Slideraft packs
- First aid kits
- Commercial cooking ovens
- Supplemental oxygen systems
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR equipment
- Halon fire extinguishers
- Evacuation slides
- Electrical circuit breakers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Cabin management systems
- Emergency rafts
- Portable oxygen equipment
- Flotation seat cushions
- Life preservers
- Smoke goggles
- Protective breathing equipment
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR masks
- Aircraft fire extinguishing systems
- Storage compartments
- Refreshment carts
- Nitroglycerin tablets
- Intravenous IV administration sets
- Mechanical stethoscopes
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Bid Assistant
- ValtamTech Flight Crew Log
- Microsoft Word
- IBM Lotus LearningSpace
- Arkitektia Flight Itinerary
- SBS International Maestro Suite
- AD OPT Altitude