Will “Principal Associate” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Conduct economic analysis related to environmental protection and use of the natural environment, such as water, air, land, and renewable energy resources. Evaluate and quantify benefits, costs, incentives, and impacts of alternative options using economic principles and statistical techniques.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Economists”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Economists
- Senior Economist
- Resource Economist
- Principal Research Economist
- Natural Resource Economist
- Environmental Economist
- Principal Associate
- Marine Resource Economist
- Environmental Protection Economist
- Energy Economist
- Ecological Economist
- Agricultural Economist
Tasks for “Principal Associate”
- Perform complex, dynamic, and integrated mathematical modeling of ecological, environmental, or economic systems.
- Demonstrate or promote the economic benefits of sound environmental regulations.
- Develop environmental research project plans, including information on budgets, goals, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to achieve environmental goals in cost-effective ways.
- Interpret indicators to ascertain the overall health of an environment.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
- Write social, legal, or economic impact statements to inform decision-makers for natural resource policies, standards, or programs.
- Write research proposals and grant applications to obtain private or public funding for environmental and economic studies.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
- Develop systems for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and economic data.
- Develop economic models, forecasts, or scenarios to predict future economic and environmental outcomes.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
- Identify and recommend environmentally-friendly business practices.
- Assess the costs and benefits of various activities, policies, or regulations that affect the environment or natural resource stocks.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
- Write technical documents or academic articles to communicate study results or economic forecasts.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Mainframe computers
- Computer data input scanners
- 10-key calculators
- Desktop computers
- Formula translation/translator FORTRAN
- Econometric Software LIMDEP
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Estima Regression Analysis of Time Series RATS
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Global Insight AREMOS
- Camfit Data Limited Microfit
- Microsoft Word
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- StataCorp Stata
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- General algebraic modeling system GAMS
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Quantitative Micro Software EViews
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Aptech Systems GAUSS