Will “Senior Economist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Conduct economic analysis related to environmental protection and use of the natural environment, such as water, air, land, and renewable energy resources. Evaluate and quantify benefits, costs, incentives, and impacts of alternative options using economic principles and statistical techniques.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Economists”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Economists
- Resource Economist
- Principal Research Economist
- Principal Associate
- Natural Resource Economist
- Environmental Economist
- Senior Economist
- Marine Resource Economist
- Environmental Protection Economist
- Energy Economist
- Ecological Economist
- Agricultural Economist
Tasks for “Senior Economist”
- Develop economic models, forecasts, or scenarios to predict future economic and environmental outcomes.
- Write technical documents or academic articles to communicate study results or economic forecasts.
- Perform complex, dynamic, and integrated mathematical modeling of ecological, environmental, or economic systems.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
- Demonstrate or promote the economic benefits of sound environmental regulations.
- Identify and recommend environmentally-friendly business practices.
- Develop systems for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and economic data.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
- Write social, legal, or economic impact statements to inform decision-makers for natural resource policies, standards, or programs.
- Develop environmental research project plans, including information on budgets, goals, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to achieve environmental goals in cost-effective ways.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
- Assess the costs and benefits of various activities, policies, or regulations that affect the environment or natural resource stocks.
- Write research proposals and grant applications to obtain private or public funding for environmental and economic studies.
- Interpret indicators to ascertain the overall health of an environment.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Laptop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Desktop computers
- Formula translation/translator FORTRAN
- Estima Regression Analysis of Time Series RATS
- StataCorp Stata
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- General algebraic modeling system GAMS
- Microsoft Excel
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Aptech Systems GAUSS
- Quantitative Micro Software EViews
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Econometric Software LIMDEP
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Global Insight AREMOS
- Camfit Data Limited Microfit