Will “Ecological Economist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Conduct economic analysis related to environmental protection and use of the natural environment, such as water, air, land, and renewable energy resources. Evaluate and quantify benefits, costs, incentives, and impacts of alternative options using economic principles and statistical techniques.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Economists”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Economists
- Senior Economist
- Resource Economist
- Principal Research Economist
- Principal Associate
- Natural Resource Economist
- Environmental Economist
- Marine Resource Economist
- Environmental Protection Economist
- Energy Economist
- Agricultural Economist
Tasks for “Ecological Economist”
- Develop systems for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and economic data.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
- Write technical documents or academic articles to communicate study results or economic forecasts.
- Write research proposals and grant applications to obtain private or public funding for environmental and economic studies.
- Assess the costs and benefits of various activities, policies, or regulations that affect the environment or natural resource stocks.
- Develop economic models, forecasts, or scenarios to predict future economic and environmental outcomes.
- Demonstrate or promote the economic benefits of sound environmental regulations.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to achieve environmental goals in cost-effective ways.
- Write social, legal, or economic impact statements to inform decision-makers for natural resource policies, standards, or programs.
- Interpret indicators to ascertain the overall health of an environment.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
- Develop environmental research project plans, including information on budgets, goals, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
- Identify and recommend environmentally-friendly business practices.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
- Perform complex, dynamic, and integrated mathematical modeling of ecological, environmental, or economic systems.
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer data input scanners
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Mainframe computers
- Laptop computers
- 10-key calculators
- General algebraic modeling system GAMS
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Aptech Systems GAUSS
- Econometric Software LIMDEP
- Microsoft Access
- Formula translation/translator FORTRAN
- StataCorp Stata
- Web browser software
- Quantitative Micro Software EViews
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Estima Regression Analysis of Time Series RATS
- Camfit Data Limited Microfit
- Global Insight AREMOS
- Microsoft Office
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word