Will “Ecological Economist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Conduct economic analysis related to environmental protection and use of the natural environment, such as water, air, land, and renewable energy resources. Evaluate and quantify benefits, costs, incentives, and impacts of alternative options using economic principles and statistical techniques.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Economists”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Economists
- Senior Economist
- Resource Economist
- Principal Research Economist
- Principal Associate
- Natural Resource Economist
- Environmental Economist
- Marine Resource Economist
- Environmental Protection Economist
- Energy Economist
- Agricultural Economist
Tasks for “Ecological Economist”
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to achieve environmental goals in cost-effective ways.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
- Develop systems for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and economic data.
- Demonstrate or promote the economic benefits of sound environmental regulations.
- Write technical documents or academic articles to communicate study results or economic forecasts.
- Interpret indicators to ascertain the overall health of an environment.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
- Write social, legal, or economic impact statements to inform decision-makers for natural resource policies, standards, or programs.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
- Develop environmental research project plans, including information on budgets, goals, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Perform complex, dynamic, and integrated mathematical modeling of ecological, environmental, or economic systems.
- Identify and recommend environmentally-friendly business practices.
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
- Write research proposals and grant applications to obtain private or public funding for environmental and economic studies.
- Assess the costs and benefits of various activities, policies, or regulations that affect the environment or natural resource stocks.
- Develop economic models, forecasts, or scenarios to predict future economic and environmental outcomes.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- 10-key calculators
- Desktop computers
- Mainframe computers
- Personal computers
- Computer data input scanners
- Aptech Systems GAUSS
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Estima Regression Analysis of Time Series RATS
- StataCorp Stata
- Microsoft Access
- Global Insight AREMOS
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Econometric Software LIMDEP
- Microsoft Excel
- Quantitative Micro Software EViews
- Formula translation/translator FORTRAN
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Word
- General algebraic modeling system GAMS
- Microsoft Office
- Camfit Data Limited Microfit