Will “Environmental Protection Economist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Conduct economic analysis related to environmental protection and use of the natural environment, such as water, air, land, and renewable energy resources. Evaluate and quantify benefits, costs, incentives, and impacts of alternative options using economic principles and statistical techniques.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-3011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Environmental Economists”.
Also Known As…
- Environmental Economists
- Senior Economist
- Resource Economist
- Principal Research Economist
- Principal Associate
- Natural Resource Economist
- Environmental Economist
- Marine Resource Economist
- Energy Economist
- Ecological Economist
- Agricultural Economist
Tasks for “Environmental Protection Economist”
- Write research proposals and grant applications to obtain private or public funding for environmental and economic studies.
- Develop environmental research project plans, including information on budgets, goals, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Develop economic models, forecasts, or scenarios to predict future economic and environmental outcomes.
- Write social, legal, or economic impact statements to inform decision-makers for natural resource policies, standards, or programs.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
- Demonstrate or promote the economic benefits of sound environmental regulations.
- Perform complex, dynamic, and integrated mathematical modeling of ecological, environmental, or economic systems.
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
- Write technical documents or academic articles to communicate study results or economic forecasts.
- Identify and recommend environmentally-friendly business practices.
- Interpret indicators to ascertain the overall health of an environment.
- Develop systems for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and economic data.
- Assess the costs and benefits of various activities, policies, or regulations that affect the environment or natural resource stocks.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to achieve environmental goals in cost-effective ways.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- 10-key calculators
- Computer data input scanners
- Desktop computers
- Mainframe computers
- Microsoft Outlook
- StataCorp Stata
- Microsoft Word
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Econometric Software LIMDEP
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- General algebraic modeling system GAMS
- Estima Regression Analysis of Time Series RATS
- Aptech Systems GAUSS
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Camfit Data Limited Microfit
- Microsoft Access
- Insightful S-PLUS
- Formula translation/translator FORTRAN
- Microsoft Excel
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Global Insight AREMOS
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Quantitative Micro Software EViews