Will “Claims Correspondence Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
86% Chance of Automation
“Claims Correspondence Clerk” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #500 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-4021.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 37,660.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 18.00
- Currently, there are 6,780 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Correspondence Clerks”.
Also Known As…
- Correspondence Clerks
- Technical Clerk
- Office Technician
- Dispute Specialist
- Dispute Resolution Analyst
- Correspondence Representative
- Correspondence Coordinator
- Correspondence Clerk
- Chargeback Specialist
- Suggestion Clerk
- Sales Correspondent
- Office Correspondent
- Membership Correspondent
- Medical Authorization Specialist
- Legislative Correspondent
- Fans Clerk
- Fan Mail Editor
- Dispute Resolution Specialist
- Customer Service Correspondence Clerk
- Correspondence Transcriber
- Correspondence Specialist
- Correspondence Review Clerk
- Correspondence Renew Clerk
- Correspondence Dictator
- Correspondence Analyst
- Commercial Correspondent
- Collection Correspondent
- Claims Correspondence Clerk
- Authorization Representative
- Authorization Coordinator
Tasks for “Claims Correspondence Clerk”
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information contained in medical records, copying medical records, and selective extracts in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare documents and correspondence such as damage claims, credit and billing inquiries, invoices, and service complaints.
- Type acknowledgment letters to persons sending correspondence.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Prepare records for shipment by certified mail.
- Submit completed documents to typists for typing in final form, and instruct typists in matters such as format, addresses, addressees, and the necessary number of copies.
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Compute costs of records furnished to requesters, and write letters to obtain payment.
- Obtain written authorization to access required medical information.
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Process orders for goods requested in correspondence.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
- Ensure that money collected is properly recorded and secured.
- Complete form letters in response to requests or problems identified by correspondence.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
- Confer with company personnel regarding feasibility of complying with writers' requests.
- Route correspondence to other departments for reply.
- Present clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Compose correspondence requesting medical information and records.
Related Technology & Tools
- Document scanners
- Personal computers
- Copy machines
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer inkjet printers
- Paper folding machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Microfiche viewing equipment
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Imaging software
- Data entry software
- Electronic health record EHR software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office