Will “Data Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
65% Chance of Automation
“Data Specialist” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #357 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assist social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 19-4061.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 46,820.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 22.00
- Currently, there are 30,030 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Social Science Research Assistants”.
Also Known As…
- Social Science Research Assistants
- Survey Analyst
- Social Research Assistant
- Research Specialist
- Research Associate
- Research Assistant
- Research Analyst
- Project Manager
- Project Director
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Graduate Assistant
- Sociology Research Assistant
- Research Technician
- Research Scientist
- Research Interviewer
- Research Coordinator
- Research Aide
- Psychologist Research Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Political Science Research Assistant
- Market Research Interviewer
- Historian Research Assistant
- Economist Research Assistant
- Economic Research Assistant
- Data Manager
- Computer Aided Telephone Interview Manager (CATI Manager)
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Interviewer
- City Planning Aide
- Call Center Manager
- Bilingual Research Interviewer
Tasks for “Data Specialist”
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Supervise the work of survey interviewers.
- Edit and submit protocols and other required research documentation.
- Collect specimens such as blood samples, as required by research projects.
- Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks.
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required for project completion.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Screen potential subjects to determine their suitability as study participants.
- Track laboratory supplies, and expenses such as participant reimbursement.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Present research findings to groups of people.
- Recruit and schedule research participants.
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Allocate and manage laboratory space and resources.
- Perform needs assessments or consult with clients to determine the types of research and information required.
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Code data in preparation for computer entry.
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Administer standardized tests to research subjects, or interview them to collect research data.
- Provide assistance in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
- Conduct internet-based and library research.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Transcription equipment
- Personal computers
- Photocopying equipment
- Tablet computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Computer data input scanners
- Desktop computers
- StataCorp Stata
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- Graphics software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Web browser software
- Video development software
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Online library databases
- Database software